Wednesday 3 August 2016

Castle/Town Walls completed.

You may remember I bought a toy castle for £14 a few weeks ago. I painted the very plastic looking grey pieces black and highlighted them with grey. It has turned out very well. The pieces snap together and so are easy to store, an added bonus is that they are of course very lightweight too. Not too sure if the drawbridge will be staying, I may scratch build some wooden gates. It will make an ideal castle or walled town, there are more towers and walled sections to extend it if required.


The castle gate.


Looking down the length of the walls.


Very imposing!


Placed in one corner of the table. Extra wall and tower sections can be added to form a right angle if needed.




Lots of room on the towers and the walkways for the defending troops.


A crusader castle in the desert?

15 comments:

  1. Nice piece of kit - Debenhams?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Debenhams online. Couldn't go wrong at that price.

      Delete
  2. Looks good. I really must start work on mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. I really must start work on mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice easy paint job, but there are a lot of pieces.

      Delete
  4. Looks great. The castle looks realistic as can be. Love the NEW mat too!

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kurtus, the mat will come in very useful for desert type battles and I got a good discount on it too. The cheapo castle will do the job.

      Delete
  5. Looks very good.... I picked up a couple myself but have yet to open them. Like the blog BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, it was a steal for £14 and also pleased you enjoy the blog, I try to keep it up to date.

      Delete
  6. Cool castle!! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo i want one!!!
    I swear I need to move to the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good value, not sure if they would ship abroad though.

      Delete
  8. Nice looking castle and town wall will work well for ECW and War of the Roses too nicely done Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen, I am well pleased with the results, for a cheapo plastic toy.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.