Monday 5 February 2018

Creating my own block wargame?

Dug this long forgotten, and very dusty, case of Mah Jong out of a cupboard. I bought it in Hong Kong in 1972, so it is certainly vintage.




All the tiles are there, 148 of them, the space is for some dice and scoring sticks, that also came with the game.



They are made of a very heavy and solid plastic or resin material.







They are almost as thick as they are wide. All the tiles are in this dual colour of pink and white.



A clear pink reverse face, the same on all of the tiles.


My notion is to re use these blocks to make my own C&C Ancients. Early stages of course, I doubt the blocks would readily take primer or paint, and to be honest, I don't really want to destroy the Mah Jong element. I was thinking along the line of those little coloured self adhesive dots, stars etc, to stick on the top to denote nationality, and maybe a generic, downloadable image to print onto stickers to cover the Mah Jong face. Psoli, hoplites, cavalry and such.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Is the non-square shape an issue in those rules? Or could it refer to some change in formation, depending on which edge is forward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideally squares of different sizes would have been better, but I will have to work with what I have. I was going to use them in landscape mode for units and in portrait mode for leaders/generals. Very early stages yet, so still working out a number of possibilities.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.